After you upgrade the operating system of the vRealize Operations Manager appliances, continue with the upgrade of the software on the vRealize Operations Manager nodes.
- Log in to the administrator interface of the vRealize Operations Manager master node.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops01svr01a.rainpole.local/admin.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Take all nodes offline to put the cluster in maintenance mode.
- In the Navigator, click System Status.
- On the System Status page, under Cluster Status click Take Offline.
- In the Take Cluster Offline dialog box, enter VMware Validated Design 4.1 Operations Upgrade in the Reason text box and click OK.
- Wait until all nodes in the analytics cluster are offline and the Cluster Status becomes
- Perform the upgrade of vRealize Operations Manager virtual appliance.
- In the Navigator, click Software Update.
- On the Software Update page , click Install a Software Update.
- On the Select Software Update page of the Add Software Update wizard, click Browse and locate
vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-x.x.x.xxxxxxx.pakon the local file system.
- Select Install the PAK file even if it is already installed, click Upload and click Next.
- On the End User License Agreement page, select the I accept the terms of this agreement check box and click Next.
- On the Update Information page, review the Important Update and Release Information and click Next.
- On the Install Software Update page, click Install.
- Wait until the update of the operation system is complete.
You are logged out from the administrator interface of the master node because this operation restarts each of the virtual machines of the vRealize Operations Manager deployment.
- After the software update is complete, log back in to the administrator interface of the master node, and on the Cluster Status page, verify if the cluster is online automatically.
- After verifying that the cluster has come back online automatically, before logging back into the operations UI, clear your browser cache to view all objects in the vRealize Operations Manager operations interface correctly.