When you upgrade the vRealize Operation Manager analytics cluster and the region-specific remote collectors in the SDDC, start the upgrade process by upgrading the operating system of the virtual appliances first. You use the vRealize Operations Manager administration interface of the master node.
- Log in to the administrator interface of the vRealize Operations Manager master node.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops01svr01a.rainpole.local/admin.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, click Software Update and, on the Software Update page, click Install a Software Update .
- In the Select Software Update wizard, click Browse and locate vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-OS-x.x.x.xxxxxxx.pak on the local file system.
- Select Install the PAK file even if it is already installed, click Upload and click Next.
- On the End User License Agreement page, click the I accept the terms of this agreement check box and click Next.
- On the Update Information dialog, review the Important Update and Release Information and click Next.
- On the Install Software Update page, click Install.
- Wait until the update of the operation system is complete.
You are logged out from the administrator interface of the master node because this operation restarts each of the virtual machines of the vRealize Operations Manager deployment.
- After the software update is complete, log back in to the administrator interface of the master node and verify that the cluster is online on the Cluster Status page.