When you upgrade the Compute vCenter Server in Region A, upgrade the Compute vCenter Server in Region B to complete the upgrade of vCenter Server.
Verify that a backup of the Compute vCenter Server Virtual Appliance in Regions B exists.
Mount the upgrade VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-6.5.0.x-build_number-patch-FP.iso file to the virtual appliance.
- Log in to the appliance management interface (VAMI) of the Compute vCenter Server.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01w01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local:5480.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Upgrade the appliance.
- In the appliance management interface, click Update in the left pane.
- In the Update pane, click Check Updates and select Check CDROM.
- Verify that the Available Updates shown match the version in VMware Software Versions in the Upgrade, click Install Updates and select Install CDROM Updates.
- In the End User License Agreement dialog box, accept the EULA and click Install.
- After the update completes, click OK in the Installing Upgrades dialog box.
- Restart the appliance to apply the upgrade.
- Click the Summary tab, and click Reboot.
- In the System Reboot dialog box, click Yes.
- After the restart completes, log back in to the virtual appliance management interface, and verify the version number in the Update pane.
- Eject the attached upgrade .iso from the Compute vCenter Server appliance.