The svc-vra and svc-vro users must have Administrator privileges on the Compute vCenter Server. You can set up the privileges by using the vSphere Web Client.
About this task
If you add more Compute vCenter Server instances in the future, perform this procedure on those instances as well.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator pane, select .
- Right-click the sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local instance and select Add Permission.
- In the Add Permission dialog box, click the button.
The Select Users/Groups dialog box appears.
- Select RAINPOLE from the Domain drop-down menu.
- In the Show Users First text box enter svc to filter user and group names.
- Select svc-vra and svc-vro from the User/Group list, click the button, and click OK.
- In the Add Permission dialog box, select Administrator from the Assigned Role drop-down menu and click OK.
The svc-vra and svc-vro users now have Administrator privilege on the Compute vCenter Server.