Assign permissions to the operations service account to deploy and manage SDDC components on the Management vCenter Server with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
About this task
The svc-vrslcm-vsphere user has the required privileges established for the Management vCenter Server.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Assign permissions to the service account according to its roles.
- From the Home menu, select Host and Clusters.
- In the Navigator, select sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Navigate to .
- In the Add Permission dialog box, click Add to associate a user or a group with a role.
- In the Select Users/Groups dialog box, from the Domain drop-down menu, select rainpole.local, in the filter box type svc-vrslcm-vsphere, and press Enter.
- From the list of users and groups, select svc-vrslcm-vsphere, click Add, and click OK.
- In the Add Permission dialog box, from the Assigned Role drop-down menu, select vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager User, ensure that Propogate to children is selected, and click OK.