You configure email notifications in vRealize Operations Manager so that users and applications receive the administrative alerts from vRealize Operations Manager about certain situations in the data center.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager by using the operations interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops01svr01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- On the main navigation bar, click Administration.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click Management and click Outbound Settings.
- On the Outbound Settings page, click the Add icon to create an outbound alert instance.
- In the Add/Edit Outbound Instance dialog box, configure the settings for the Standard Email Plug-in, and click OK.
Alert Instance Setting
Standard Email Plugin
SMTP Alert Mail Relay
Use Secure Connection
FQDN of the SMTP server
Server port for SMTP requests
Secure Connection Type
Sender Email Address
Address that appears as the sender of the email
Name that appears as the sender of the email
- Click Test to verify the connection with the SMTP server and click OK.
- Click Save.