You configure network access and security between vRealize Automation and your Microsoft SQL Server database using Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC). MSDTC coordinates transactions that update two or more transaction-protected resources, such as databases, message queues, file systems. These transaction-protected resources may be on a single computer, or distributed across many networked computers.
- Log in to the SQL Server virtual machine by using a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) client.
- Open an RDP connection to the vra01mssql01.rainpole.local virtual machine.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Windows administrator user
- From the Start menu, click Run, type comexp.msc in the Open text box, and click OK.
The Component Services manager displays. Component Services lets you manage Component Object Model (COM+) applications.
- Using the navigation tree in the left-side pane, expand .
- Right-click Local DTC and click Properties.
The Local DTC Properties dialog box displays.
- Click the Security tab in the Local DTC Properties dialog box.
- On the Security tab, configure the following values, and click OK.
Network DTC Access
Allow Remote Clients
Allow Remote Administration
Mutual Authentication Required
Enable XA Transactions
Enable SNA LU 6.2 Transactions
Leave the default setting (NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService)
- Click Yes to restart the MSDTC Service, click OK to confirm that the service has successfully restarted, and close the Component Services manager.