After you install the content pack for Linux, configure an agent group to apply common settings to the agents on the appliances in the region.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Agents.
- From the drop-down at the top, select Linux from the Available Templates section.
- Click Copy Template.
- In the Copy Agent Group dialog box, enter VA - Linux Agent Group in the Name text box and click Copy.
- In the agent filter fields, use the following selections.
Press Enter to separate the host name values.
- Click Refresh and verify that all the agents listed in the filter appear in the Agents list.
- Click Save New Group at the bottom of the page.
- Verify that log data is showing up on the Linux dashboards.
- On the main navigation bar, click Dashboards.
- Expand Linux and click Security - Overview.
You see events that have occurred over the past 48 hours.