vRealize Log Insight Agent comes pre-installed on the vRealize Automation Appliance. On each virtual appliance in the region, by updating the liagent.ini configuration file, configure the agent with the location of the vRealize Log Insight deployment.
About this task
Agent configuration for the vRealize Automation Appliances includes the following tasks:
In the management interface of the vRealize Automation Appliances, enable log forwarding to vRealize Log Insight.
Create an agent group for configuring log forwarding from the vRealize Automation modules on the appliances.
Create an agent group for configuring log forwarding from the operating system of the appliances.
- Open a Web browser and log in to the management interface of the vRealize Automation Appliance.
Value for vRealize Appliance A
Value for vRealize Appliance B
- Configure log forwarding to vReliaze Log Insight.
- On the VRA Settings tab, click the Logs tab.
- Scroll down to the Log Insight Agent Configuration section.
- Enter the following values and click Save Settings
Max Buffer Size
- Log in to the other appliance and verify that these settings have been replicated to vRealize Automation appliance vra01svr01b.rainpole.local.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Agents.
- Create the agent group for vRealize Automation appliances on vRealize Log Insight.
- From the drop-down menu on the top, select vRealize Automation 7 - Linux from the Available Templates section.
- Click Copy Template at the bottom of the page.
- In the Copy Agent Group dialog box, enter vRA7 - Appliance Agent Group in the name field and click Copy.
- In the agent filter fields, enter the following values pressing Enter after each host name.
- Click Refresh and verify that all the agents in the filter appear in the Agents list.
- Click Save New Group at the bottom of the page.
- To verify the configuration, click the Dashboards tab, under the VMware - vRA 7 category click General - Overview.
The dashboard shows log data from the components of the vRealize Automation Appliances.