As a business administrator, you can set up a cost model for a particular reservation and monitor the cost. The cost of the machines deployed using this reservation policy is calculated based on the cost setup.
If you set up pricing on a per-reservation basis, you must first configure reservation policies.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Select the Business Management tab and, under Consumption, select .
- Under vRealize Automation, click the pencil icon to edit.
- Set the Compute grouping strategy to vRealize Automation Reservation and click Save.
- Set pricing for Compute Rates per vCPU, per GB RAM and for Storage Rate.
- Under Additional Services, click Edit
- Select an available service, set rates, and click Save after adding all services that you want to make available.
- On the grouping strategy page, click Save to finalize the changes for the blueprint.
- Select the vRealize Automation Catalog tab and click Request for the blueprint whose pricing you set up.
- At the bottom of the request notice the Total Cost and the View Cost Details, then click Update to calculate the current costs and click Submit to send the request.
- Once the deployment is successful, select the Items tab and check the cost under Deployments.
The system calculates costs dynamically. When you add more virtual machines or more CPUs, the system updates the cost. The system updates the per-day cost every 24 hours.