As an IaaS administrator, to allow vRealize Automation to manage the infrastructure, create endpoints and configure user credentials for those endpoints. When you create a vSphere Endpoint, vRealize Automation can communicate with the vSphere environment and discover vCenter Server-managed compute resources, collect data, and provision machines.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Navigate to New . , and click
- On the New Endpoint - vSphere (vCenter) page, create a vSphere Endpoint with the following settings, and click Test Connection.
The vSphere Endpoint name must be the same as the endpoint name configured during the installation of the vRealize Automation environment. See the VMware Validated Design Deployment for Region A documentation.
- If a Security Alert window appears, click OK.
- Click OK to create the Endpoint.