The first task of the scenario is installing vRealize Log Insight and the vRealize Log Insight Content Pack for Windows on the Windows machine.
- Open a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection to the Windows VM.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Click the configuration icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Agents.
- On the Agents page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Download Log Insight Agent x.x.x link.
- In the Download Log Insight Agent dialog box, click Windows MSI (32-bit/64-bit) and save the .msi file on your computer.
- Install the agent.
- Double-click the file to run the installer and click Run in the Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
- In the VMware vRealize Log Insight Agent Setup wizard, accept the license agreement and click Next.
- With the Log Insight host name sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local shown in the Host text box, click Install.
- After installation is complete, click Finish.
- Install the vRealize Log Insight Content Pack for Windows.
- In the vRealize Log Insight user interface, click the configuration icon and select Content Packs.
- Under Content Pack Marketplace, select Marketplace.
- In the list of content packs, locate the Microsoft - Windows content pack, click its icon, and click Install.