Before you can start with scenarios, you have to create logical switches for business groups. Several scenarios require a logical switch for the Production business group.
About this task
This procedure creates and configures the following logical switch.
Logical Switch Name
Logical switch for the Production business group
You can connect the switch for production workloads to either the Distributed Logical Router (DLR) or the Universal Distributed Logical Router (UDLR). However, if you connect the switch to the UDLR, workload deployment in Region B fails because only the primary NSX Manager can create and manage universal objects. NSX Manager in Region B is not the primary NSX Manager. For a dual-region deployment, connect the switch to the distributed logical router. However, deployed workloads can no longer move between Region A and Region B.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01w01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Create a logical switch.
- Click Networking & Security.
- In the Navigator, select Logical Switches.
- From the NSX Manager drop-down menu, select 172.17.11.66.
- Click the New Logical Switch icon.
The New Logical Switch dialog box appears.
- In the New Logical Switch dialog box, enter the following settings, and click OK.
Logical switch for Production Business Group
Comp Global Transport Zone
Enable IP Discovery
Enable MAC Learning
- Connect Production-VXLAN to the distributed logical router.
- On the Logical Switches page, select the Production-VXLAN logical switch.
- Click the Connect Edge icon.
- On the Connect an Edge page, select lax01w01dlr01 and click Next.
- On the Edit NSX Edge Interface page, enter the following settings and click Next.
Primary IP Address
Subnet Prefix Length
- On the Ready to Complete page, click Finish.