In the IPAM use case, as a fabric administrator, you must create network profiles to define the subnet and routing configuration for virtual machines. Each network profile is configured for a specific network port group or virtual network and specifies the IP address and routing configuration for virtual machines that are provisioned to that network. Members of a business group can request virtual machines.
Verify that the logical switches for business groups have been created.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Navigate to and click .
- On the New Network Profile - External page, add the values for the production group external network profile on the General tab.
External network profile for Production Business Group using IPAM
- Click the Network Ranges tab and follow these steps.
- From the Address space drop-down menu, select default.
- Click Add.
- In the Select Network Range wizard, click the check box next to the 192.168.61.0/24 network range and click OK.
If this network range is not displayed, click the refresh icon in the bottom.
- Click OK to complete the network profile.