As the first task, you provision a Windows Server 2012 R2 virtual machine from the blueprint and install End Point Operations (EPO) management agent in the virtual machine.
About this task
For information about the blueprint, see Create a Single Machine Blueprint in Region A.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Request a catalog item.
- Navigate to Catalog.
- Click Request under Windows Server 2012 R2 - SFO Prod.
- Navigate to Requests, monitor the status of the request, and wait until the status changes to Successful.
- Navigate to Items, expand the new deployment, and click the name of the provisioned virtual machine.
- Click Connect using RDP to log in to the virtual machine as local administrator.
If you have problems connecting to the virtual machine, verify that RDP is enabled in the template.
- Download vRealize Operations Manager.
- From a Web browser, go to vmware.com.
- Select .
- Select 6.6.
- Click Go to Downloads.
- Find the End Point Operations Windows Agent - 64 bit EXE file and download it to the virtual machine.
- Double-click the file to run the installer and click Next.
- In the Server Address text box, enter vrops01svr01 and click Next.
- Enter the certificate thumbprint.
- Obtain the vRealize Operations Manager cluster certificate thumbprint as instructed.
- Insert the thumbprint in the Certificate thumbprint text box, and click Next.
- Enter the following credential and click Next.
- Accept the license agreement, click Next, and click Next again to let the installation start and complete.