You can install the Application Authoring Agent on any template that you want to leverage through the vRealize Automation design canvas. The Authoring Agent enables you to leverage the software component aspects of vRealize Automation.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client .
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Right-click the linux-base-03 virtual machine and power on the virtual machine.
- Open a Secure Shell (SSH) prompt and log in to the virtual machine as the root user.
- Install wget on the virtual machine.
yum install wget
If the yum command does not work, make sure that the virtual machine can ping a live site on the Internet.
- Download the installation script prepare_vra_template.sh from your vRealize Automation virtual appliance by running the following command.
wget --no-check-certificate https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/software/download/prepare_vra_template.sh
- Make the prepare_vra_template.sh script executable by running the following command.
chmod +x prepare_vra_template.sh
- Run the prepare_vra_template.sh installer script.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Manager Service Server
Do you accept this for the Manager Service (yes/no)?
Do you accept this for the vRealize Appliance (yes/no)?
Start the installation?
You see a confirmation message when the installation completes successfully.
- If you see an error message and logs in the console, resolve the errors and run the installer script again.
- After installation is complete, shut down the virtual machine and take a snapshot named
Application Authoring Snapof the virtual machine.