Before deploying a product or solution path with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, you generate a self-signed certificate that is used during an installation wizard or configuration file based deployment.
- Open a browser and go to https://vrs01lcm01.rainpole.local/vrlcm.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- On the Navigator pane, click Settings.
- Under Settings, click the Generate Certificates tab, enter the following values, and click Generate Certificate. A dialogue appears with the message Certificate generate request triggered successfully.
Enter Organization Name
Enter Organizational Unit
Enter Domain Name
Enter Country Code
- On the Navigator, click Requests and validate that ACTION#GENERATE_CERTIFICATE displays COMPLETED.
- Under Settings, click the Generate Certificates tab and click View Certificate.
- (Optional) In the View Certificate, copy and save the text output of the Private Key and Certificate Chain.
Step 7 is only required if you are using the configuration file option to deploy products using vRealize Lifecycle Manager.