To deploy the Micro-segmentation use case, you perform pre-deployment tasks that include installing the VMware Validated Design Software-Defined Data Center Virtual Infrastructure Layer. You deploy the vRealize Suite products needed by this solution path using the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager installation wizard or JSON configuration file. Afterwhich, you can configure security groups and perform other micro-segmentation tasks.
About this task
- As your basis, you deploy the virtual infrastructure, as discussed in Deployment for Region A.
- Install and Configure ESXi Hosts in Region A
- Deploy and Configure the Platform Services Controller and vCenter Server Components in Region A
- Deploy and Configure the NSX Instance for the Management Cluster in Region A
- Deploy and Configure the Shared Edge and Compute Cluster Components in Region A
- Deploy and Configure Shared Edge and Compute Cluster NSX Instance in Region A
In the Deployment for Region A guide, each task is for Region A. Because this is a single-region deployment, we use the Region A task.
- Perform pre-deployment tasks for vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager appliance.
- Deploy the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager appliance, upload the OVA file for your use case, and complete certificate setup.
- Perform pre-deployment tasks for vRealize Log Insight.
No other pre-deployment tasks are required for this use case.
- Deploy the required products for the Micro-segmentation use case by running the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager installation wizard or using the JSON configuration file.
- Perform post-deployment tasks for vRealize Log Insight.
No other post-deployment tasks are required for this use case.
- Set up Micro-segmentation in your environment. See the VMware NSX documentation for details.