To have a consistent logging configuration across all ESXi hosts, update the host profile in each cluster to accommodate the syslog settings for connection to vRealize Log Insight.
About this task
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Update the host profile for the management cluster.
- From the vSphere Web Client Home menu, select Home.
- In the Navigator, click Policies and Profiles and click Host Profiles.
- Right-click sfo01-m01hp-mgmt01 and select Copy Settings from Host.
- Select sfo01m01esx01.sfo01.rainpole.local and click OK.
- Verify that the syslog host settings have been updated.
- On the Host Profiles page in the Navigator, click sfo01-m01hp-mgmt01.
- On the Configure tab, click Settings.
- In Filter search box, enter Syslog.global.logHost.
- Select the Syslog.global.logHost entry from the results list and verify that value of the option is
- Verify the compliance of the hosts in the management cluster.
- From the vSphere Web Client Home menu, select Hosts and Clusters.
- Click the sfo01-m01hp-mgmt01 cluster, click the Monitor tab, and click Profile Compliance.
- Click the Check Compliance Now button.
- Verify that all hosts are compliant with the attached profile.
- Repeat the procedure with a host in the shared edge and compute cluster.