Create an application in vRealize Operations Manager to group the monitoring data about the virtual machines of VMware vSphere Update Manager Download Service (UMDS)
About this task
vRealize Operations Manager builds an application to determine how your environment is affected when one or more components in an application experiences problems. You can also monitor the overall health and performance of the application.
vRealize Operations Manager collects data from the components in the application and displays the results in a summary dashboard with a real-time analysis for any or all of the components.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager by using the operations interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops01svr01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- On the main navigation bar, click the Environment menu and click the Applications tab.
- On the Applications tab, click the Add icon to add an application.
- In the Add Application dialog box, select Custom and click OK.
- In the Application Management dialog box, in the Application text box enter vSphere UMDS.
- In the Tiers pane, click Add Tier, enter UMDS VMs as the Tier Name and click Update.
- In the objects list underneath, enter umds in the search box, and press Enter.
- Select the Virtual Machine objects of vSphere Update Manager Download Service and drag them to the Tier Objects pane.
VMware vSphere UMDS Region A VMs
VMware vSphere UMDS Region B VMs
- Click Save.