You can run a recovery plan under planned circumstances to migrate the virtual machines of the analytics cluster of vRealize Operations Manager from Region B to Region A. You can also run a recovery plan under unplanned circumstances if Region B suffers an unforeseen event that might result in data loss.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and double-click the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local protected site.
- On the Related Objects tab, click the Recovery Plans tab and click the SDDC Operations Management RP recovery plan.
- On the SDDC Operations Management RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Run Recovery Plan icon to run the recovery plan and initiate the failback of the analytics cluster.
The Recovery wizard appears.
- On the Confirmation options page, configure the following settings and click Next.
I understand that this process will permanently alter the virtual machines and infrastructure of both the protected and recovery datacenters
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to initiate vRealize Operations Manager failback.
What to do next
Verify that vRealize Operations Manager is up and operational after failback. See Validate vRealize Operations Manager in the VMware Validated Design Operational Verification documentation.
Prepare vRealize Operations Manager for failover by reprotecting the virtual machines of the analytics cluster in Site Recovery Manager. See Reprotect vRealize Operations Manager.