Validate the configuration by testing the recovery plan for vRealize Automation and vRealize Business.
About this task
Site Recovery Manager runs the analytics virtual machines on the test network and on a temporary snapshot of replicated data in Region A.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and double-click the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local protected site.
- If the Log In Site dialog box appears, re-authenticate by using the firstname.lastname@example.org user name and the svc-srm_password password.
Re-authentication is required if the network connection between Region A and Region B has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- On the Related Objects tab, click the Recovery Plans tab and click the SDDC Cloud Management RP recovery plan.
- On the SDDC Cloud Management RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Test Recovery Plan icon to run a test recovery.
The Test wizard appears.
- On the Confirmation options page, leave the Replicate recent changes to recovery site check box selected and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the test recovery.
Test failback starts. You can follow the progress on the Recovery Steps page.
- After the test recovery is complete, click the Cleanup Recovery Plan icon to clean up all the created test VMs.
Because recovered virtual machines are using the test network, VMware Tools in the vra01svr01a.rainpole.local and vra01svr01b.rainpole.local virtual machines might not become online within the default timeout. Increase the timeout value for these virtual machines to complete the test.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Cleanup wizard, click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the clean-up process.