In the event of a site failure in Region B, initiate disaster recovery of vRealize Automation and vRealize Business in Region A to fail the Cloud Management Platform back to Region A.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and double-click the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local protected site.
- On the Related Objects tab, click the Recovery Plans tab and click the SDDC Cloud Management RP recovery plan.
- On the SDDC Cloud Management RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Run Recovery Plan icon to run the recovery plan and initiate the failback of the Cloud Management Platform.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Recovery wizard, configure the following settings and click Next.
I understand that this process will permanently alter the virtual machines and infrastructure of both the protected and recovery datacenters
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to initiate the failback of the cloud management platform.
After disaster recovery, the status of the recovery plan is
Disaster Recovery Completed.
What to do next
Verify that vRealize Automation and vRealize Business VMs are up and functional after failback. See Validate the Cloud Management Platform in the VMware Validated Operational Verification document.
Prepare vRealize Automation and vRealize Business Server for failover by reprotecting the virtual machines of the vRealize Automation components in Site Recovery Manager. See Reprotect the Cloud Management Platform.