Verify that you can use the reclamation menu in vRealize Automation to identify virtual machines that have not been powered on for a defined period as reported by the vRealize Operations Manager.
About this task
Identifying the candidate virtual machines that have not been powered on as reclamation candidates can help prevent a virtual machine sprawl and also validates the integration between vRealize Automation and vRealize Operations Manager components.
You can access the reclamation menu in vRealize Automation portal where dormant virtual machines are reported.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- On the Infrastructure Service Portal, click the Administration tab.
- Click on the left side.
- On the Metrics Provider page, click Test Connection and verify that the connection is successful.
What to do next
If you encounter issues while performing this procedure, use the following troubleshooting tips: