Verify that you can provision virtual machines using vRealize Automation blueprints into the vCenter for which a vSphere endpoint was created during the initial deployment and configuration.
About this task
Validating the ability to provision virtual machines into the vSphere infrastructure verifies the integration between vRealize Automation and vSphere infrastructure that consists of one or more vCenter servers.
You can perform data collection on vSphere endpoints and you can provision and destroy virtual machines in the vCenter that represent the vSphere endpoints.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Verify virtual machine provisioning.
- On the Infrastructure Service Portal, click the Catalog tab.
- Choose a service catalog, for example Windows Server 2012 R2 - SFO Prod and click Request.
- On the New Request page, click Submit to request a virtual machine provisioning.
- Click the Requests tab and verify that the Status column for the Windows Server 2012 R2 - SFO Prod single-machine blueprint provisioning is Successful.
- Verify virtual machine destroy operation.
- On the Infrastructure Service Portal, click the Infrastructure tab.
- Click Managed Machines, point to the chosen virtual machine, click Destroy and click OK.
- Verify that the virtual machine is removed from the list.
- Repeat the verification procedure using the Windows Server 2012 R2 - LAX Prod single-machine blueprint for Region B vCenter Server.
What to do next
If you encounter issues while performing this procedure, use the following troubleshooting tips: