Verify the recovery plan for the operations management layer.
About this task
Performing a test recovery of the operations management recovery plan ensures that the virtual machines are being replicated correctly and the power on order is accurate with the correct timeout values and dependencies. Site Recovery Manager runs the analytic cluster nodes on an isolated test network using a temporary snapshot of replicated data while performing test recovery.
You can successfully complete the operations management recovery plan under a test recovery scenario.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Site Recovery.
- Under Inventory Trees, click the Recovery Plans and click the SDDC Operations Management RP recovery plan.
- On the SDDC Operations Management RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Test Recovery Plan icon to run a test recovery.
The Test wizard appears.
- On the Confirmation options page, leave the Replicate recent changes to recovery site check box selected and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the test recovery.
Test failover starts. You can follow the progress on the Recovery Steps page.
- After the test recovery is complete, click the Cleanup Recovery Plan icon to clean up all the created test VMs.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Cleanup wizard, click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the clean-up process.
Log in to lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local vCenter Server and follow the procedure if the protected vRealize Operations Manager virtual machines are located in Region B.
What to do next
If you encounter issues while performing this procedure, use the following troubleshooting tips