Verify that you can provision NSX objects using the vRealize Automation multi-tiered blueprint provisioning.
About this task
Provisioning NSX objects like load balancers or edge gateways within a vRealize Automation blueprint verifies the integration with NSX infrastructure, and verifies the embedded vRealize Orchestrator which facilitates the communication between vRealize Automation and NSX.
You can successfully add NSX endpoints, perform data collection on these endpoints, and provision NSX objects from within vRealize Automation when an appropriately configured multi-tiered blueprint is provisioned.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Verify the data collection of vRealize Orchestrator endpoint.
- On the Infrastructure Service Portal, click .
- Select the vRealize Orchestrator endpoint, click Start. , and click
- Wait until the data collection is successful.
- Click the Refresh button and verify that the Status shows Data collection succeeded with date and time details.
- Verify the provisioning of NSX objects using multi-tiered blueprint.
- On the Infrastructure Service Portal, click the Catalog tab.
- Select the service catalog which has NSX components like load balancers or edge gateways, click Request, and click Submit.
- Click the Requests tab and verify that the Status column for the NSX multi-tiered blueprint provisioning is Successful.
What to do next
If you encounter issues while performing this procedure, use the following troubleshooting tips: