In vSphere, create a user role with privileges that are required to query information from vCenter Server and receive metric data in vRealize Operations Manager. In vRealize Operations Manager, you can also run actions or tasks on the objects it manages in vCenter Server. Add the privileges to the role that are required for typical virtual machine lifecycle operations, such as snapshot management and virtual machine resource configuration.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- On the Home page of the vSphere Web Client, under Administration click Roles .
- Create a role for collecting data from and performing actions on vCenter Server.
- On the Roles page, click the Create role action icon.
- In the Create Role dialog box, configure the role using the following configuration settings, and click OK.
vSphere Actions User
This role inherits the System.Anonymous, System.View, and System.Read privileges.