Examine a list of top 15 VMs in a data center that have the highest average CPU contention, the highest use of memory, and the highest disk latency for the last 24 hours by viewing the Top-N widgets in the Operations Overview dashboard.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager by using the operations interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops01svr01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- On the main navigation bar, click Dashboards.
- Click .
- Examine VMs with highest CPU, memory contention, and highest disk latency by viewing following widgets.
Top-15 VM Experiencing CPU Contention
Top-15 VM Experiencing Memory Contention
Top-15 VM Experiencing Disk Latency (ms)
- If you must examine data for a date range in a widget, click the Edit Widget icon on the title bar of the widget and configure Period Length.
- To understand why a VM on some of the Top-N widgets is experiencing high CPU, memory contention, or disk latency, examine the Troubleshoot a VM dashboard.
- Click .
- Enter the name of the VM that is facing high disk latency into Search box in the Search for a VM widget and press Enter.
- Select the VM in the search results and perform detailed troubleshooting analysis by looking at the widgets and alerts in the Troubleshoot a VM dashboard.
- Repeat the procedure to troubleshoot the other VMs that are facing high CPU, memory contention, or disk latency.