For the IT Automating IT use case, as an IaaS administrator, you create endpoints and configure user credentials for those endpoints. The endpoints allow vRealize Automation to manage the vSphere infrastructure. When you create a vSphere endpoint, vRealize Automation can communicate with the vCenter Server environment and discover compute resources, collect data, and provision machines.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Navigate to and click .
- On the General page, configure the vRealize Automation Endpoint with the following settings.
Value for vSphere
- Click Test Connection.
- In the Security Alert window, click OK.
- Click OK to create the endpoint.
The vSphere Endpoint Name must be identical to the name that you used to install the proxy agent.