As a business management administrator, you can set up a cost model for a blueprint and monitor the cost. Every machine that is deployed using the blueprint is assigned the cost that is predefined in the blueprint. You can set up the cost model to charge customers on a per-blueprint basis.
If you set up pricing on a per-blueprint basis, you must create a single-machine blueprint first.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation Rainpole portal.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vra01svr01.rainpole.local/vcac/org/rainpole.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Select the Business Management tab and, under Consumption, select .
- Under vRealize Automation, click the pencil icon to edit.
- Among the price grouping strategy, select vRealize Automation Blueprint as the Compute grouping strategy and click Save.
- Set pricing for Compute Rates for vCPU and per GB RAM and Storage Rates.
- Under Additional Services, click Edit and select a service with its associated preset rate.
- Add more services if you want and click Save.
- On the grouping strategy page, click Save to finalize the changes for the blueprint.
- Select the Catalog tab and click Request to request the blueprint whose pricing was set up in the previous step.
- At the bottom of the request notice the Total Cost and the View Cost Details fields, click Update to calculate the current costs, and click Submit to send the request.
- After the deployment is successful, select the Items tab and see the costs under Deployments.
The system calculates costs dynamically. When you add more virtual machines or more CPUs, the system updates the cost. The system updates the per-day cost every 24 hours.