You export all firewall rules in an NSX Manager to an XML configuration file. You use that configuration file to import and load firewall rules on another NSX instance to recover the rule configuration.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Networking & Security.
- In the Navigator, click Firewall.
- On the Firewall page, from the NSX Manager drop-down menu, select the IP address of the NSX Manager instance.
NSX Manager for the management cluster
NSX Manager for the shared edge and compute cluster
- On the Firewall page, from the More drop-down menu, select Export Current Configuration.
- On the Export Current Configuration dialog box, click Export and save the exported firewall configuration file.
- Repeat the steps to export the firewall configuration of the second NSX Manager.
What to do next
Import the exported rule configuration to restore the firewall rules or import the firewall rule configuration in a new NSX Manager instance.