Set retention notification threshold to one week and archive logs for 90 days according to the VMware Validated Design Architecture and Design documentation.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the vRealize Log Insight user interface, click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Configure notification about reaching a retention threshold of one week.
Log Insight continuously estimates how long data can be retained with the currently available pool of storage.
If the estimation drops below the retention threshold of one week, Log Insight immediately notifies the administrator that the amount of searchable log data is likely to drop.
- Under Configuration, click General.
- On the General Configuration page, under the Alerts section, enter the following values.
Email System Notifications To
Send HTTP Post System Notifications To
- Select the Send a notificationwhen capacity drops below check box next to Retention Notification Threshold, and enter a 1-week period in the text box.
- Click Save.
- Configure data archiving.
- Under Configuration, click Archiving.
- Toggle Enable Data Archiving on.
- In the Archive Location text box, enter the path in the form of nfs://nfs-server-address/VVD_vRLI_MgmtA_400GB to an NFS partition where logs are to be archived.
- Click Test next to the Archive Location text box to verify that the share is accessible.
- Click Save.