Test the configuration of the NSX logical network by using a ping test. A ping test checks if two hosts in a network can reach each other.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client .
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Use the Ping Monitor to test connectivity.
- In the Navigator, click Networking & Security.
- Under Logical Switches, double-click Universal Transit Network .
- Click the Monitor tab.
- From the Source host drop-down menu, select sfo01m01esx01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- From the Destination host drop-down menu, select sfo01m01esx03.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Click Start Test.
Тhe host-to-host ping test results are displayed in the Results dialog box. Verify that there are no error messages.