vSAN disk groups must be created on each host that is contributing storage to the vSAN datastore.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, select Hosts and Clusters and expand the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree.
- Click the sfo01-m01-mgmt01 cluster and click the Configure tab.
- Under vSAN, click Disk Management.
- Select sfo01m01esx02.sfo01.rainpole.local and click the Create a New Disk Group button.
- In the Create Disk Group window, select a flash disk for the cache tier, two hard disk drives for the capacity tier and click OK.
- Repeat Step 5 and Step 6 for sfo01m01esx03.sfo01.rainpole.local and sfo01m01esx04.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Assign a license to vSAN.
- Right Click the sfo01-m01-mgmt01 cluster and select Assign License.
- In the sfo01-m01-mgmt01- Assign License window, select the previously added Virtual SAN License and click OK.