Anti-Affinity rules prevent virtual machines from running on the same host. This helps to maintain redundancy in the event of host failures.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, select Hosts and Clusters and expand the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local tree.
- Select the sfo01-m01-mgmt01 cluster and click the Configure tab.
- Under the Configuration group of settings, select VM/Host Rules.
- On the VM/Host Rules page, click the Add button to create a new VM/Hosts Rule.
- In the Create VM/Host Rule dialog box, enter the following details and click Add.
Separate Virtual Machines
- In the Add Rule Member dialog, select sfo01m01psc01 and sfo01w01psc01 and click OK.
- Click OK to create the rule.