Configure Update Manager to use the UMDS shared repository as a source for downloading ESXi patches, extensions, and notifications.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Update Manager.
- In the Navigator pane, click the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server for Region A.
The Objects tab also displays all the vCenter Server system to which an Update Manager instance is connected.
- Click the Manage tab, and under Settings, click Download Settings.
- On the Download sources page, click the Edit button.
An Edit Download Sources dialog box opens.
- On the Edit Download Sources dialog box, enter the following settings, and click OK.
Use a shared repository
- On the Download sources page, click the Download Now button to run the download patch definitions.
Verify that a new task Download patch definitions appears in the Recent Tasks pane and shows Status as Completed.
- Repeat the procedure to configure the http://sfo01umds01.sfo01.rainpole.local repository for the sfo01w01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server.