After you deploy the appliance of NSX Manager, replace the default certificate with a customer certificate to establish trusted connection with the management components in the SDDC. The certificate generated by the CertGenVVD utility is signed by a certificate authority (CA) on the parent Active Directory server.
|NSX Manager FQDN||Certificate Filename|
- CA-signed certificate files generated by using VMware Validated Design Certificate Generation Utility (CertGenVVD). See the VMware Validated Design Planning and Preparation documentation.
- Log in to the appliance interface of NSX Manager for the shared edge and compute cluster.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01w01nsx01.lax01.rainpole.local .
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name admin Password nsx_manager_admin_password
- On the Home page, select Manage Appliance Settings.
- On the Manage tab, click SSL Certificates and click Upload PKSCS#12 Keystore.
- Browse to the certificate chain file lax01w01nsx01.4.p12, provide the keystore password or passphrase, and click Import.
- Restart the NSX Manager to propagate the CA-signed certificate.
- In the top right corner of the NSX Manager page, click the Settings icon.
- From the drop-down menu, select Reboot Appliance.