(Optional) If a license is not assigned during deployment of the Management vCenter Server and ESXi hosts, you can add new licenses for the compute vCenter Server instance.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01w01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- Click the Home icon above the Navigator and select Administration.
- On the Administration page, click Licenses and click the Licenses tab.
- Click the Create New Licenses icon to add license keys.
- On the Enter license keys page, enter license keys for vCenter Server and ESXi, one per line, and click Next.
- On the Edit license name page, enter a descriptive name for each license key, and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review your entries, and click Finish.
- Assign the newly added licenses to the respective assets.
- Click the Assets tab and select vCenter Server systems.
- Select the lax01w01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local vCenter Server instance, and click the Assign License icon.
- Select the vCenter Server license that you entered in the previous step and click OK.