Before creating the host profile for the shared edge and compute cluster, enable vSphere HA.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01w01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Navigator pane, click Hosts and Clusters and expand the lax01w01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local tree.
- Select the lax01-w01-comp01 cluster.
- Click the Configure tab and click vSphere Availability.
- Click Edit.
- In the Edit Cluster Settings dialog box, select the Turn on vSphere HA check box.
- Click Failures and Responses and select the following values.
Setting Value Enable Host Monitoring Selected Host Failure Response Restart VMs Response for Host Isolation Power off and restart VMs Datastore with PDL Disabled Datastore with APD Disabled VM Monitoring VM Monitoring Only
- Click Admission Control.
- Under the Admission Control settings, enter the following settings.
Setting Value Host failures cluster tolerates 1 Define host failover capacity by Cluster resource percentage Override calculated failover capacity Deselected Performance degradation VMs tolerate 100%
- Click OK.