In a dual-region SDDC, configure SRM Adapters to collect monitoring data in vRealize Operations Manager about the Site Recovery Manager instances and failover objects.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager by using the operations interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops01svr01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name admin Password deployment_admin_password
- On the main navigation bar, click Administration.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click Solutions.
- On the Solutions page, select Srm Adapter from the solution table, and click Configure.
The Manage Solution - Srm Adapter dialog box appears.
- Under Instance Settings, enter the settings for the connection to Site Recovery Manager instances.
- If you already have added another Srm Adapter, click the Add icon on the left side to add an adapter settings.
- Enter the settings for connection to Site Recovery Manager.
Setting Value for Site Recovery Manager in Region A Value for Site Recovery Manager in Region B Display Name SRM Adapter - sfo01m01srm01 SRM Adapter - lax01m01srm01 Description Site Recovery Manager Adapter for sfo01 Site Recovery Manager Adapter for lax01 SRM Host sfo01m01srm01.sfo01.rainpole.local lax01m01srm01.lax01.rainpole.local SRM Port 9086 9086
- Click the Add icon next to the Credential text box, configure the credentials for connection to Site Recovery Manager instances, and click OK.
Setting Value for Site Recovery Manager in Region A Value for Site Recovery Manager in Region B Credential name SRM Adapter Credentials - sfo01m01srm01 SRM Adapter Credentials - lax01m01srm01 Username firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Password svc-vrops-srm_password svc-vrops-srm_password
- Click Test Connection to validate the connection to Site Recovery Manager.
The Site Recovery Manager certificate appears.
- In the Review and Accept Certificate dialog box, verify the Site Recovery Manager certificate information and click Accept.
- Click OK in the Info dialog box.
- Expand the Advanced Settings section of settings.
- From the Collectors/Groups drop-down menu, select the collector group for the region.
Site Recovery Manager Instance Remote Collector Group Site Recovery Manager in Region A sfo01-remote-collectors Site Recovery Manager in Region B lax01-remote-collectors
- Click Save Settings.
- Click OK in the Info dialog box that appears.
- Repeat the steps for the Site Recovery Manager in Region B.
- In the Manage Solution - Srm Adapter dialog box, click Close.
The SRM Adapter instances appear on the Solutions page of the vRealize Operations Manager user interface. The Collection State of the adapter is Collecting and the Collection Status is Data receiving.