Set an identity of your SDDC deployment on the Management vCenter Server. You can also use this identity as a label in tools for an automated SDDC deployment.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Global Inventory Lists.
- In the Navigator, click vCenter Servers under Resources.
- Click the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local vCenter Server object and click the Configure tab in the central pane.
- Under the Settings pane, click Advanced Settings and click the Edit button.
- In the Edit Advanced vCenter Server Settings dialog box, set the following value pairs one by one, clicking Add after each entry.
Name Value config.SDDC.Deployed.Type VVD config.SDDC.Deployed.Flavor Standard config.SDDC.Deployed.Version 4.3.0 config.SDDC.Deployed.WorkloadDomain Management config.SDDC.Deployed.Method DIY config.SDDC.Deployed.InstanceId unique_identifier*Note: * Use the unique_identifier you generated for the Management vCenter Server. See Set SDDC Deployment Details on the Management vCenter Server in Region A.
- Click OK to close the window.