After you deploy the vSphere Replication appliance on the protected region, register vSphere Replication with the Platform Services Controller pair by using the vSphere Replication appliance management interface.
- Log in to the Virtual Appliance Management Interface of the vSphere Replication appliance.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01m01vrms01.sfo01.rainpole.local:5480.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Settings Value User name root Password vr_sfo_root_password
- On the VR tab, click Configuration, enter the following settings, and click Save and Restart Service.
Setting Value Configuration Mode Configure using the embedded database LookupService Address sfo01psc01.sfo01.rainpole.local SSO Administrative Account email@example.com Password svc-vr_password vSphere Replication Manager Host 172.16.11.123 vSphere Replication Site Name sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server Address sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server Port 80 vCenter Server Admin Mail vcenter_server_admin_email
- In the Confirm SSL Certificate dialog box, click Accept.
- Wait for the vSphere Replication Management server to save the configuration.
- Under Service Status, verify that the status of the vSphere Replication service is running.
Note: If a
Bad exit code: 1error appears, restart the sfo01m01vrms01 virtual machine. Refer to KB article 2112332.
- Log out from the vSphere Replication appliance management interface.