After you install the content pack for Linux, to use dashboards for operating system logs from the management virtual appliances in the SDDC, configure an agent group to apply common settings to the agents on the appliances in the region.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01vrli01.lax01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name admin Password vrli_admin_password
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Agents.
- From the drop-down menu at the top, select Linux from the Available Templates section.
- Click Copy Template.
- In the Copy Agent Group dialog box, enter VA - Linux Agent Group in the Name text box and click Copy.
- In the agent filter text boxes, use the following selections.
Filter Operator Values Hostname matches
Press Enter to separate the host name values.
- Click Refresh and verify that all the agents listed in the filter appear in the Agents list.
- Click Save New Group at the bottom of the page.
- Verify that log data is showing up on the Linux dashboards.
- On the main navigation bar, click Dashboards.
- Expand Linux and click Security - Overview.
You see events that have occurred over the past 48 hours.