After vRealize Log Insight cluster is successfully deployed, you configure SMTP setting within the vRealize Log Insight UI.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name admin Password deployment_admin_password
- In the vRealize Log Insight user interface, click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Configuration, click SMTP.
- Enter the following values.
FQDN of the SMTP server
Server port for SMTP requests
Sets whether encryption is enabled for the SMTP transport option connection.
Enable or disable the STARTTLS encryption.
Address that appears as the sender of the email.
User name on the SMTP server
Password for the SMTP user name
- To verify that the SMTP configuration is correct, type a valid email address and click SEND TEST EMAIL.
vRealize Log Insight sends a test email to the address that you provided.
- Click SAVE.