In vRealize Log Insight in Region B, set log retention notification threshold to one week and archive logs for 90 days according to the VMware Validated Design Architecture and Design documentation.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01vrli01.lax01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name admin Password vrli_admin_password
- In the vRealize Log Insight user interface, click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Configure notification about reaching a retention threshold of one week.
Log Insight continually estimates how long data can be retained with the currently available pool of storage. If the estimation drops below the retention threshold of one week, Log Insight immediately notifies the administrator that the amount of searchable log data is likely to drop.
- Under Configuration, click General.
- On the General Configuration page, under the Alerts section, input the following values.
Setting Value Email System Notifications To firstname.lastname@example.org Send HTTP Post System Notifications To https://lax01vrli01.lax01.rainpole.local
- Select the Send a notification when capacity drops below check box next to the Retention Notification Threshold settings, and enter a one week period in the text box underneath.
- Click Save.
- Configure data archiving.
- Under Configuration, click Archiving.
- Select the Enable Data Archiving check box.
- In the Archive Location text box, enter the path in the form of nfs://nfs-server-address/VVD_vRLI_MgmtB_400GB to an NFS partition where logs are to be archived.
- Click Test next to the Archive Location text box to verify that the share is accessible.
- Click Save.