Add a filter to avoid forwarding log events already forwarded to Region A back to their source Log Insight deployment in Region B. Using a filter prevents looping when the Log Insight deployments in Region A and Region B forward logs to each other.
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name admin Password deployment_admin_password
- In the vRealize Log Insight user interface, click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Event Forwarding.
- Add a filter to prevent forwarding loops.
- In the Event Forwarding page of the vRealize Log Insight user interface, click the Edit icon of the SFO01 to LAX01 destination.
- In the Edit Destination dialog box, click Add Filter and enter the following filter attributes.
Filter Attribute Value Filter Type site Operator does not match Value LAX01Note: If you are unable to set the Filter Type, please wait 5-10 minutes for region B's logs to be forward to region A
- Click Save.
The Event Forwarding page in the vRealize Log Insight user interface shows a summary of the forwarded events.