You must perform network configuration from the VMware Host Client for a single host. You perform network configuration for the other hosts after the deployment of the vCenter Server.
You configure a vSphere Standard Switch with two port groups:
- The existing virtual machine port group.
- VMkernel port group.
This configuration provides connectivity and common network configuration for virtual machines that reside on each host.
- Log in to the vSphere host using the VMware Host Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01esx01.lax01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Option Description User name root Password esxi_root_user_password
- Click OK to Join the Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Configure a VLAN for the VM Network port group.
- In the Navigator, click Networking, click the Port Groups tab, select the VM Network port group, and click Edit Settings.
- On the Edit port group - VM Network window, enter 1711 for VLAN ID, and click Save.