After you configure NSX logical networking on the hosts, update the host profile of the management cluster and remediate the hosts to align their configuration.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- Update the host profile.
- In the Navigator, select Policies and Profiles.
- Click Host Profiles, right-click lax01-m01hp-mgmt01, and select Copy settings from Host.
- Select lax01m01esx01.lax01.rainpole.local and click OK.
- Verify compliance and remediate the hosts.
- On the Policies and Profiles page, select the lax01-m01-mgmt01 host profile.
- On the Monitor tab, click the Compliance tab.
- Select lax01-m01-mgmt01 in the Host/Cluster column and click Check Host Profile Compliance.
This compliance test shows that the first host is
Compliant, but the other hosts are
- Click each of the non-compliant hosts and click Remediate Hosts Based on its Host Profile.
- In the Remediate Hosts Based on its Host Profile wizard, enter Host Name if prompted for NetStack Instance vxlan->DNS configuration and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish.
All hosts show
Compliantstatus in the Host Compliance column.