After you have successfully installed the Platform Services Controller instances, you must add the appliances to your Active Directory domain. The identity sources configured for the vSphere Domain automatically propagate to Region B. Users can then be assigned permissions to view or manage SDDC components for this region.
Repeat this procedure twice, once for the management cluster and again for the shared edge and compute cluster.
|Platform Services Controller||URL|
|Platform Services Controller for the management cluster||https://lax01m01psc01.lax01.rainpole.local|
|Platform Services Controller for the shared edge and compute cluster||https://lax01w01psc01.lax01.rainpole.local|
- Log in to the administration interface of the Platform Services Controller.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://lax01m01psc01.lax01.rainpole.local.
- Click the link for Platform Services Controller web interface.
- Log in using the following credentials.
Option Description User name Administrator@vsphere.local Password vsphere_admin_password
- Add the management Platform Services Controller instance to the Active Directory domain.
- In the Navigator, click the Appliance Settings tab.
- Click the Manage tab and click .
- In the Join Active Directory Domain dialog box, enter the following settings and click OK.
Setting Value Domain lax01.rainpole.local User name email@example.com Password svc-domain-join_password
- Reboot the Platform Services Controller instance to apply the changes.
- Click the Appliance settings tab, and click the VMware Platform Services Appliance link.
- Log in to the VMware vSphere Appliance Management interface with the following credentials.
Setting Value User name root Password psc_root_password
- On the Summary page, click Reboot.
- In the System Reboot dialog box, click Yes.
- After the reboot process completes log back in to https://lax01m01psc01.lax01.rainpole.local using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- Verify that the Platform Services Controller has successfully joined the domain, click Appliance Settings, and click the Manage tab.
- In the Navigator, click Configuration, and click the Identity Sources tab.
Verify that the
rainpole.localdomain is available as an Identity Source.
- Repeat this procedure for the Platform Services Controller of the shared edge and compute cluster.